Usually I don’t make New Years resolutions, but this year since so much is changing in my life I figured it couldn’t hurt. Some of these are doomed to fail but some I think I can probably keep up for at least three months. Internet, I hereby present you with sarahmiller.ca’s New Years Resolutions:
1. Spend the time I would have been reading for school with Jesus, or at least some of it. In case you couldn’t already tell, school as been this all-consuming, life-sucking force in my life for the past few years. No more! Not having to write papers and keep up with readings and go to class will free up so much of my time, and I don’t want to fill it with watching more TV or online shopping. At least not all of it.
2. Make my lunch 4 out of 5 weekdays instead of buying it. I work downtown, and eating out is just so much more convenient than getting up early and making a lunch. Especially since I suck at getting up early (keep reading). This is a joint New Years Resolution between me and Roomie because both of us have been wasting a lot of money eating out when we have perfectly good groceries at home. So far we haven’t slipped up, but it’s only two days in. Ultimately I’d like to stretch this to making my lunch 9 out of every 10 weekdays, which I think is totally doable.
3. Get better at walking in high heels.
4. Go to bed earlier on weeknights. No matter how tired I am, I can stay up until at lease 1 am on weeknights. This is not a good thing when I’m supposed to get up at 6:30am. I plan to achieve this goal through willpower and peer pressure from Roomie until about mid-February.
5. Write more. Here, at showbizmonkeys.com and pressplus1.com. Do you realize I haven’t done a CD review since the summer? Disgraceful.
There you have it folks, my New Years Resolutions. So far this week, I have kept them all except for number 3. Yes it’s only Tuesday, what’s your point?
3 Replies to “So this is the New Year, and I have no resolution”
The ONLY way I actually bring lunch with me is if I make it the night before, but it works!
Also, purchase a lunch bag and tupperware that you really like- if you like the way your lunch looks, you will be more apt to want to bring it!
Ooh good idea. I have just been using one of those reusable RW & Co bags. Maybe I can find a sweet old school ninja turtles lunchbox or something.
I’ve been doing pretty good with leaving leftovers so far this week but last night I made a sandwich for myself and it felt like such an accomplishment!
[…] you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My new years resolutions from last year were to spend more time with Jesus, to make my lunch more often, to get better at walking in high […]
Comments are closed.