Haven’t done one of these in a while. Here is a random sampling of what’s going on in my life at the mo.
- Yesterday I spent eight dollars on Cauliflower. EIGHT DOLLARS. The worst part is that when I rang it through at the self-checkout the first time, it came to six dollars. I thought that was a little high so I went back and double checked the product code and it came up to eight dollars the second time. The moral of this story is to pick the lightest cauliflower head possible, and don’t double check product codes. On the plus side I made this giant, delicious pot of Tikka Masala with it and will probably be eating it for at least the next three days.
- I’m thinking about doing the February Photo a Day challenge again. It’s a lot of pressure to find interesting things at least once a day but it might also be a good creative challenge. What do you think? Anyone else going to get in on that?
- I’m going to a Superbowl party this weekend. Mainly I just want to see Beyonce do the half time show. I don’t even care if she lip syncs, you guys. Honestly. Who is even playing? Kidding.
ps. You’ve all seen Beysus’ tumblr right? What about Kanye Wes Anderson?
- This sign at work makes me laugh every time.
- Have you guys seen this yet? What a cute love story.
- I am totally addicted to Songza. I listen to it all day long at work. Today I have the Lush and Plush jazz list going because it’s rainy and grey and you need a little Ella Fitz in your life at a time like that. Other favorites include: Indie Roots Rock, 90s Crowd Pleasers and Indie Apartment Party
- You know that line in Clueless, where Cher is talking about Christian and she goes, “He does dress better than I do, what would I bring to the relationship?” I’m starting to feel that way about blogging. Everyone has a blog these days. Some of them are really well written and thought out. Some of them don’t use paragraphs and only get updated once every three months. But everyone has one.
What am I bringing to the internet? Am I just adding to the noise? After a lot of soul searching I’ve come to two conclusions: one, I write because I love it. I love documenting my life in this way. Even if I am the only one who ever reads. I know I will probably read through this when I’m 90 and laugh at myself. But it will be good to remember.
And two, I hope that at least one or two of you will be encouraged by something you’ve read here. Or that you will find a word or phrase or laugh and think, “me too”. I think that would be a good contribution to this internet relationship we’ve got going on.